This course will provide an extensive literature review of microglia, neuroimmunity, and current diseases that involve an underlying neuroinflammatory pathophysiology. An evidence-based model incorporating diet, nutrition, and lifestyle medicine will be presented. Clinical applications to glial priming, laboratory tests, patient history, and physical examination will be presented in detail.
Ninety percent of the brain is immune cells, with neurons making up the remaining 10 percent. Brain care and rehabilitation has always been focused on the neurons, yet the latest research shows the brain’s glial cells, or immune cells, are necessary for memory, cognition, synaptic function, neurotransmitter activity, and other vital brain function.
Healthy glial cell activity is vital not only in managing complex chronic health conditions, but also in lowering the risk of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and other neurodegenerative diseases.
The Neuroinflammation course will discuss the immune system of the brain and different variables that can induce neurological inflammation. These include traumatic brain injury, diet, metabolic disease, Lyme disease, viral infections, and environmental triggers.
The clinician will be taught a step-by-step clinical model on how to identify neuroinflammatory patterns and their sources through patient history, physical examination, laboratory tests, and neuroimaging studies.
We will discuss in detail the role of the blood-brain barrier in neuroinflammation, clinical strategies to address sources of neuroinflammation, and tools to dampen brain inflammation.
This course blends a review of the latest scientific articles with clinical strategies to identify and manage patients with brain inflammation.
✅ ON DEMAND VIDEO REPLAYS
✅ DISCOUNTED STUDENT PRICING AVAILABLE
- Understand the role of glial cells in brain function
- Review the basic concepts of neuroimmunology
- Review the scientific literature for nutrients, dietary approaches, and lifestyle factors that impact neuroinflammation
- Understand the clinical concepts of glial priming
- Learn how to identify neuroinflammation from patient history
- Learn examination and laboratory findings found with neuroinflammation
- Learn how to identify neuroinflammation with MRI and other imaging studies
|Standard Registration||On demand access||$749 USD|
|Student Registration||On demand access||$549 USD|