The FX Medicine LIVE team were pleased to attend the Natupreneur Experience on the Gold Coast on 16-17 February 2019. Once you have finished watching everything from Day One, check out all the interviews from Day Two.
2 transformational days, 10 epic presenters, 2 amazing parties, 100 visionary praccies just like you to connect and collaborate with, 1 lanyard that connects you to your tribe, business and personal development that is industry based…An event created by practitioners for practitioners.
#NatEx2019 was a professional industry event like no other which connected a community of experts, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators and visionaries all sharing their wisdom for the improvement of the naturopathic profession.
This event aimed to provide practitioners with practical step-by-step tools to achieve success within the industry. Attendees left with:
- Motivation, resources, focus so that you can run better consultations, give better treatments and build a profitable business
- A proven plan on how to take your business to the next level
- Empowered with fresh ideas from leaders in the field who have been exactly where you are
FX MEDICINE LIVE: ANDREW SPEAKS TO TAMMY GUEST
Tammy Guest is a mentor, naturopath, entrepreneur, speaker, author, mother and a helicopter pilot in training – just to name a few of her passions. Tammy's now focusses on taking naturopaths, nutritionists, herbalists and health practitioners on the journey of business done differently. She helps practitioners break down the barriers and issues and shows them how to build a practice that they love. Tammy is also the founder and creator of NatEx.
At NatEx 2019 Tammy spoke on the topic of Natupreneurship - a paradigm shift in our profession.
ANDREW AND TAMMY DISCUSSED The Natupreneur experience:
- How did NatEx come about
- Moving the industry forward
- Tammy's background in medical science
- What's on offer at NatEx - Connection, Collaboration, Innovation
- Embracing your uniqueness
FX MEDICINE LIVE: ANDREW SPEAKS TO Amy Mingin
Amy is a Naturopathic Yogini and podcaster with a special interest in women's health. She is the founder of Naturopathic Yoga™ combining the holistic philosophy of yoga and human physiology of naturopathy. Amy regularly interviews naturopathic practitioners for her podcast Naturopath Specialty Sessions, and also facilitates healing journeys utilising Naturopathic Yoga within retreat and workshop settings.
At NatEx 2019 Amy led a naturopathic yoga session.
ANDREW AND Amy DISCUSSED THE Benefits of naturopathic yoga:
- How Naturopathic Yoga was developed
- The benefits of exercise
- The future direction of Naturopathic Yoga
FX MEDICINE LIVE: ANDREW SPEAKS TO CaRLA Wrenn
Carla Wrenn is a fully qualified Naturopath who has been in practice since 2001 and is a member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society and Institute of Functional Medicine. She continually studies and has recently completed postgraduate studies in Integrative Oncology, Autoimmune Diseases and Functional Medicine. Carla is a passionate integrative medicine practitioner whose professional aim is to provide top quality healthcare, particularly in the area of complex and chronic diseases.
At NatEx 2019 Carla spoke on the topic of Acute consults: A new level of profitable care.
ANDREW AND Carla DISCUSSED acute prescribing:
- Vitae Mosaic, a functional medicine framework
- How acute consultations can benefit your business
- Top 3 things for practitioners to remember
- Collaboration and sharing information
Denise Duffield-Thomas is the money mindset mentor for the new wave of online female entrepreneurs. Her best-selling books Lucky Bitch and Get Rich, Lucky Bitch give a fresh and funny road-map to create an outrageously successful life and business.
Denise helps women release their fear of money, set premium prices for their services and take back control over their finances.
Denise is an award winning speaker, author and entrepreneur who helps women transform their Economy-Class money mindset into a First-Class life. Find her at www.LuckyBitch.com
At NatEx 2019 Denise spoke on The way of the Chillpreneur.
ANDREW AND Denise DISCUSSED building a successful business:
- Addressing our fears in business and entrepreneurship
- Recognising and honouring your personality
- Healthy and unhealthy expressions of our personalities
- Finding your path of least resistance
FX MEDICINE LIVE: ANDREW SPEAKS TO Grace Miano
Grace is a Nutritional Medicine practitioner and the founder of Goodness Gracious Health, with special interest areas of fertility, endometriosis, miscarriage, pregnancy, birth, mother & baby postnatal, infant and child health. She is especially passionate about working with women who have experienced pregnancy loss having experienced issues with fertility and miscarriage herself.
ANDREW AND Grace DISCUSSED pregnancy after loss:
- Grace's experiences with pregnancy and loss
- Addressing the taboo of pregnancy and miscarriage for women, partners and within the medical system
- Moving forawrd - talking and sharing experiences
FX MEDICINE LIVE: ANDREW SPEAKS TO Jayne Sharpham
Jayne is a qualified naturopath/nutritionist with 15 years experience in the industry. Casey joins the team as a qualified nutritionist from July 2018. Her special areas of interest are pyrrole disorder, mental health, fatigue, adrenal burnout and digestion, poor thyroid function and hormones.
ANDREW AND Jayne DISCUSSED her naturopathic experience in Myanmar:
- Educating community-based nursing and midwife students about nutrition and how their diet can affect their health
- The influence of Westernisation on the local diet and chronic health conditions
- Investigating soil quality and arsenic levels in Myanmar
FX MEDICINE LIVE: ANDREW SPEAKS TO Jules Galloway
Jules Galloway is a qualified naturopath and functional medicine practitioner, speaker and host of the podcast Straight Talking Natural Health who specialises in helping women with fatigue and burnout. She also leads teams of medical and nutrition volunteers four times per year to remote parts of Fiji to work on diabetes prevention projects.
At NatEx 2019 the title of Jules' presentation was Stand tall & tell your story - reinvent what it means to be a practitioner.
ANDREW AND Jules DISCUSSED HOW TO speak up:
- Getting your work out there - 80% done is enough
- Imperfect action
- Learning how to protect yourself
FX MEDICINE LIVE: ANDREW SPEAKS TO Kathryn Hocking
Kathryn Hocking is an expert launch strategist and the creator of several wildly successful online programs including the ecourse Launch Formula and Launch Mastery. She has led more than 1,000 ambitious entrepreneurs through the process of creating and launching their own online products and programs. Kathryn teaches how to fuse strategy with soul, heart with hustle, yin with yang to ensure everything you launch creates sublime abundance and leaves you feeling like a total launch goddess (because you’ll do it in a way that feels fun, fulfilling and sustainable!)
At NatEx 2019 the title of Kathryn's presentation was Be aligned and launch - e-course success.
ANDREW AND Kathryn DISCUSSED Alignment and Mindset:
- The importance of practitioners aligning with themselves and their business
- Overcoming adrenal fatigue
- Prioritisation of tasks for success
- Establishing boundaries
- How to align and activate for success
- Reasons why some people fail
- Bringing in the right support
FX MEDICINE LIVE: ANDREW SPEAKS TO Moira Bradfield
Over the last 15 years Moira has been involved in the education and development of many of Australia’s Naturopaths, Nutritionists and Acupuncturists through her role as an educator with leading educational institutions. In the last year she has focussed her educational and presenting skills on ensuring that vaginal and intimate health of all clientele is considered in clinical practice via Intimate Ecology. Intimate Ecology is a health service offering Naturopathic support for optimal vaginal and intimate health. It is is also a service to upskill and educate holistic practitioners in vaginal microbiome and intimate health.
At NatEx 2019 Moira spoke on the topic of Societal taboos in intimate ecology.
ANDREW AND Moira DISCUSSED Taboo Topics In Intimate Ecology:
- Uncovering societal taboos and the importance of opening the conversation
- Being aware of our own prejudices in order to help your patients
- How to talk to patients about potentially taboo topics
- Collaborating with other practitioners
The FX Medicine Team would like to thank the Naturopathic Experience for having us.
The information provided on FX Medicine is for educational and informational purposes only. The information provided on this site is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional advice or care. Please seek the advice of a qualified health care professional in the event something you have read here raises questions or concerns regarding your health.