2 transformational days, 10 epic presenters, 2 amazing parties, 100 visionary praccies just like you to connect and collaborate with, 1 lanyard that connects you to your tribe, business and personal development that is industry based…An event created by practitioners for practitioners.
#NatEx2019 was a professional industry event like no other which connected a community of experts, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators and visionaries all sharing their wisdom for the improvement of the naturopathic profession.
This event aimed to provide practitioners with practical step-by-step tools to achieve success within the industry. Attendees left with:
- Motivation, resources, focus so that you can run better consultations, give better treatments and build a profitable business
- A proven plan on how to take your business to the next level
- Empowered with fresh ideas from leaders in the field who have been exactly where you are
FX MEDICINE LIVE: Andrew speaks to Alisha Lynch - The Naughty Naturopath Mum
Alisha Lynch is a Naturopath, creator and owner of the Naughty Naturopath Mum flower essence range, blogger and mum to two young scallywags.
Alisha loves to motivate and inspire people to keep healthy with her passion for gut health and encourages making good choices in life, especially in the areas of food and nutrition, emotional support like her flower essence remedies and keeping our stress levels down. She also likes to remind us that no-one is perfect and we often need to make mistakes to learn and occasionally be a bit ‘naughty’! Her belief is that balance and having fun in life are the most important things to achieve for our emotional and physical health.
At NatEx 2019 Alisha spoke on the topic of How I grew my social media following to 60,000 by being me.
Andrew and Alisha discussed The Naughty Naturopath Mum:
- The beginning and evolution of The Naughty Naturopath Mum
- Finding your place in the natural health industry - life beyond clinical practice
- The importance of asking for help
- Finding your niche
- The power of social media
- Things to NEVER do
FX MEDICINE LIVE: Andrew speaks to Amie Skilton
Amie is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist and Medical Herbalist. She has been in clinical practice for more than 13 years and specialises in several areas including women’s health and weight loss. She is passionate about eating well and living well, and believes achieving your ideal weight should be a fun, enjoyable and sustainable process. You can find out more about Amie via her blog at www.whatthenaturopathsaid.com
At NatEx 2019 Amie spoke on the topic of Finding Your Voice Through Presentations.
Andrew and Amie discussed presentation tips for practitioners:
- How to get over your fear
- Embracing your own personality
- Tips for dealing with nerves
- Recognising and addressing your weak points
- Reverse engineering your presentation and business
- Preparing for success on social media
FX MEDICINE LIVE: Andrew speaks to Bernadette O'Connor
Bernadette O'Connor is an author, speaker, kinesiologist and theta healer. In this interview Bernadette discusses both her books, Let's Go Home: Finding There While Staying Here and Beneath The Veil, the main themes and lessons to be learnt from reading the books and how they can be applied in life and in business.
At NatEx 2019 Bernadette spoke on the topic of Letting go of limiting beliefs.
Andrew and Bernadette discussed using your knowledge to guide your business:
- Let's Go Home: Finding There While Staying Here synopsis
- Finding your true direction
- How to avoid burnout
- Beneath The Veil synopsis
- Feminine empowerment
FX MEDICINE LIVE: Andrew speaks to Emily Banks
Emily Banks is the Owner and Directing Naturopath of Verve Natural Health. Emily is incredibly passionate about innovation in the natural health industry. Through her own experience as a Naturopath and business owner, Emily ended up creating healthcare software to use in her own clinic, which ended up becoming a second business due to its demand in the industry.
At NatEx 2019 Emily spoke on the topic of Going it alone.
Andrew and Emily discussed why business is hard:
- What did you learn or not learn about business in college
- The growth cycle of a business
- Setting your metric of success
- Developing a growth mindset
- Focus and determination
FX MEDICINE LIVE: Andrew speaks to Lauren Lacey and Jules Galloway
Lauren Lacey is a director at Involvment Volunteers International. She graduated from Harvard University with a Post grad Cert in Humanitarian Response to Conflict and Disaster and has also completed a Masters of Marketing and Bachelor of Health Science. She has worked as a Clinical Nutritionist within Australia for the past 12 years using her expertise to set up health projects in Developing Communities.
At NatEx 2019 Lauren spoke on the topic of Volunteering and giving back as a part of business.
Andrew, Lauren and Jules discussed being invovled in volunteering:
- The joy of volunteering and giving back
- Running diabetes prevention projects in the South Pacific
- Working together with different healthcare practitioners - doctors, nurses, naturopaths, nutritionists
- The impact of Westernisation on traditional diets
- Rediscovering traditional medicines in the South Pacific
- Calling out to volunteers
FX MEDICINE LIVE: Andrew speaks to Mary-Leigh Scheerhoorn
Mary-Leigh is a qualified nutritional medicine practitioner and lifestyle coach that provides personalised, therapeutic, nutritional and lifestyle solutions to busy professionals, executives and business owners. Along with her degree in Nutritional Medicine, she also holds qualifications in Applied Social Science, Executive Coaching, and Integrative Nutrition. She has a diverse background that includes care and protection social work, human resources and organisational management, executive and career coaching, and organisational change management.
Andrew and Mary-Leigh discussed how to crack the corporate market:
- Cracking the wall of corporate wellness
- Recognising burnout
- Balancing stress levels
- Return on investment of corporate wellness
- Learning to speak "corporate"
Pam Hird am a qualified and accredited Naturopath, Nutritionist, Herbalist and Personal Trainer. She is also a business owner, speaker, hockey player, creative cook, wife and busy mother of two healthy little munchkins.
At NatEx 2019 Pam spoke on the topic of Going it alone.
Andrew and Pam discussed what she didn't learn in college about business:
- What did you learn or not learn about business in college
- How do you gauge success
- Connecting with like-minded people
- Parallels between sports and business
- Setting and achieving goals
- Where to focus your time and energy
- Nourishing yourself and avoiding burnout
The FX Medicine Team would like to thank the Naturopathic Experience for having us.