Frequently Asked Questions about troubleshooting our products
You're an expert in your field - and you'd like to put yourself forward for the podcast...
We'd be delighted to hear from you!
We've been contacted by experts from all over the world to be interviewed on the FX Medicine Podcast.
If you'd like to be on the program here's a few things you should know:
- Firstly, who do we interview?
Our podcast welcomes health professionals or researchers with valuable clinical insights to share relevant to the health and wellness industry.
- When and where is the podcast recorded?
We have a booking calendar for our podcast guests to select from a variety of dates and times.
At our end, we work on Brisbane, Australian time (AEST). If you're an international guest, that's fine! Our booking calendar will take care of populating the booking options based on your selected location.
If you can't see a date or time that suits your schedule, please just get in touch with us and let us know your preferred date and time and timezone and we will work with you to make this work.
- How are the interviews recorded?
Our interviews are recorded with the option of audio only, or video interview. (You can select your preference in the booking form).
We use Zoom for this, and you will receive a link to access it when booking which will save to your calendar.
- What information do we need from booked guests?
We need a Hi-Res Head Shot, and a short bio (Approx 25 words) which our host will use to introduce you on the show and it will be used to create your guest profile page on the FX Medicine website.
We will also need your best contact email on hand to liaise with you regarding the podcast release and our booking form will ask for you for a few details includinig podcast topic/title, your social media handles and your business website.
- If you're putting yourself forward for a podcast, or you're a booking agent for a potential guest:
We like to record clinically relevant interviews, pitched to a health professional audience (peer-to-peer) that is typically centred around a specific health condition (for our regular podcast) or career/industry specific interviews for our Industry Insights. We do not use commercial. product brands or brand names in our podcasts, we focus on ingredients as a reference. FX Medicine is aboout education, not advertising.
Our first step to working towards a podcast interview is to book in a Discovery Call with our host. This enables us to get to know each other, work out if we're a good fit and design a plan for the future potential interview.
Unfortunately we are not currently taking new bookings.
- What's in it for me?
We have a wide-variety of podcast guests, covering a plethora of health-oriented topics. Our listeners come from all over the world. As a guest on FX Medicine, you're potentially exposing yourself to an audience of up to 200,000 people, or more, per month. More importantly, this audience is like-minded, engaged and potentially, ready to act on what they're learning from their peers through our program.
As a result of being on the FX Medicine podcast, virtually all guests report an increase in international contacts and client referrals as well as other interesting business opportunities. Those who are authors, will often report a jump in book sales and for those who are interviewed ahead of a conference or seminar appearence, the feedback we receive is that those conferences and courses go on to have a surge in bookings, and in some cases, sell out completely.
FX Medicine promote the podcast on release to our growing social media community and many of our community members love to share and repost our content. Our various social media platforms are also continually rolling through our new and old website content with the help of a social media scheduling system.
The wonderful thing about a podcast is that it continues to gain new listeners even several years after the initial interview. We cross link to other episodes in newer content and we also regularly share our older podcasts into our eNewsletters. We also have a number of partners that reguarly use our content in their social media and eNewsletters, or referenced in blogs etc. There's so many ways we re-use, and re-purpose content, so there's always an opportutnity for older podcasts to have the spotlight shone on them.
Unfortunately we are not currently taking new bookings.
Yes, FX Medicine content can be featured on your own blog or website, we just have a couple of guidelines you need to follow.
Firstly; Ask permission for the particular content you would like to feature first.
Let us know where it will be located, and we must be able to access the content you feature.
Guidelines for use of Articles and Research pieces
For FX Medicine authors reposting content to their own website:
Please include the following image at the footer of the reposted article on your website or blog:
For other websites who wish to link to, repost, or repurpose FX Medicine Articles or Research:
- At the header of the article please include the text: Original content sourced from fxmedicine.com.au <-- Please link the underlined text through to the original piece.
- Please include one of the following images on the webpage you post, ideally, as the footer to the republished article. Please link the image to the FX Medicine Homepage
Guidelines for the use of images and infographics
All images and infographics on FX Medicine website are subject to copyright and remain the property of FX Medicine and must not reproduced or altered without prior consent.
Guidelines for the use of Podcast content
There are a few different ways to share FX Medicine podcasts with your audience.
To embed specific episodes, to play directly from your own blog or website, we have 2 preferred methods: Video (Vimeo or YouTube) or Audio Player (Stitcher).
- Video is the ideal method if you want to visually include the episode. This method is also ideal for podcast interview guests who wish to link to the episode they've been a part of, as it features the interview guest's title slide (bio and headshot). You will find this video on the FX Medicine website and can follow it back to Vimeo or YouTube (whichever is relevant to your episode) to source the embed code.
- Stitcher has the flexibility to embed the audio play for a single specific episode, or the whole player so your audience can scroll through all episodes. You can see an example of that here. The stitcher player comes in a couple of sizes, so can be scaled to suit your needs.
- NB: With embed links - we ask that you please also include a link to the FX Medicine website (either the homepage, or the individual podcast episode). Please see details below regarding hyperlinked text preferences.
- Please contact us for the relevant embed codes.
If you want to refer to an episode as hyperlinked text only, our preference is as follows:
a) Avoid using generic links:
eg. The latest podcast by FX Medicine talks about Endometriosis and Immunity with Leah Hechtman, it is fantastic, to listen Click Here
b) Instead use links with context:
eg. The latest podcast by FX Medicine talks about Endometriosis and Immunity with Leah Hechtman, it is a fantastic episode.
c) You may also use the following image with text to link to the individual podcast episode, or directly to the FX Medicine homepage:
I'm a researcher or health professional with expertise in a particular field, how can I become involved and contribute to FX Medicine?
FX Medicine typically accepts written content from health professionals or researchers who hold a health-related qualification.
We welcome original content from writers with a health science background, using recent scientific journals as a primary source of reference. Prior writing experience is beneficial, but not essential.
FX Medicine has two main forms of written content.
- Research insights: these normally examine one key study or piece of evidence. Ideally recent - ie. Within the last 6-12months. Discussing the 'take home messages' for practitioners from that evidence. Other supporting evidence may be used and these items are usually no more than 400 words.
- Longer articles/ Opinion Pieces: These articles are usually far more in-depth exploration of topics based around a condition or clinical practice area. They will often be supported by multiple references and are usually min. 1000words.
Writers for FX Medicine will be required to submit their work, meeting our style guide (we will provide this) for layout and referencing and produce work that fits into our brand DNA. Writers will also need to provide a square headshot and a short biography to create the author profile in FX Medicine where your work will be housed.
What can I write about?
The sky is the limit, as long as it would be of interest to complementary medicine health professionals and can be supported with quality evidence.
We find, written content is at its best when the writer has a passion for, or expertise in a given subject. So we want you to write about what you're interested in.
Please get in touch with us, to discuss your ideas on more detail.
Do you have paid writing positions?
After many years of relying on voluntary contributions, FX Medicine is excited to be able to offer a limited number of paid writing opportunities from late 2019 onwards.
Paid writing submissions will be at the discretion of the content manager, and preference will be allocated to those writers who have previously had one or more published pieces on the FX Medicine website.
- FX Medicine is, by design, a community of health professionals, researchers and other relevant members of the integrative and functional medicine industry committed to raising awareness of evidence-based functional medicine practices. Please only get in contact with us, if you have qualifications in a relevant health science field that would benefit our community.
- FX Medicine is regularly contacted by various websites/organisations asking us to link to their posts from within our posts of a similar topic. This is NOT part of FX Medicine's brand DNA.
The references that FX Medicine writers cite are, in general, peer reviewed research, not unverified blog posts. Please don't reach out to us with these kinds of requests.
I'd like to add my ideas to the suggestion box!
At FX Medicine, we're passionate about bringing you the content that you want. Have you got some ideas or suggestions to offer?
Perhaps a guest you'd like us to interview on the podcast? Or a particular topic, health condition or industry issue you would like covered in and article or interview?
Please, let us know and we will do our best to accomodate your desired topic!
I love the FX Medicine Podcasts and I want to help boost your community by rating and reviewing it in iTunes.... how can I do this?
We are so pleased you're loving the FX Medicine Podcast.
Please find below some instructions on how to rate and review the FX Medicine Podcast in iTunes. Doing so helps connect our podcast to more listeners to grow our wonderful community.
The infographics are shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. This means they can be freely shared under the following terms:
- Attribution — Attribution to FX Medicine must be given clearly when re-sharing the graphics, and the attribution should also include a link back to the post containing the graphic.
- NonCommercial — Infographics may not be used for commercial purposes with prior permission.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
If you would like more information or are interested in using any FX Medicine content for commercial use please contact us.
FAQ DIDN'T SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Here are some other ways to find answers